Canon XF300 is a professional camcorder which features 50Mbps MPEG-2 recording to Compact Flash (CF) Cards for unsurpassed image quality and efficient, robust workflow at an affordable price.
Canon XF300 recorded video format is MXF, this format can give us excellent video quality. But this format is not easy to use as MXF files are not supported by many editing software on Mac and windows. You may have got this camcorder and find it is difficult to use canon XF300 MXF files when want to import XF300 MXF to FCP on Mac.
MXF format is not a common video format, and it is not supported by FCP and iMovie on Mac. So XF300 MXF files editing in FCP can’t be done directly. Final Cut Pro best supported video format is Apple ProRes 422 codec MOV format, it’s a good choice to transcode MXF footages to ProRes for FCP X. Below is a guide for you to convert MXF video for FCP editing.
1. Download XF300 MXF Converter for Mac. This software supports rich formats for output, such as Apple ProRes 422 MOV, Apple InterMediate Codec MOV, etc.
2. Install this XF300 MXF to FCP X converter. Import the XF300 MXF files to the best MXF converter.
3. Click format bar to choose output format. Click and choose Final Cut Pro -> Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), it’s the best format for editing Canon XF300 files in FCP X.
4. If you want to customize the output settings, you can click “settings” button to adjust the resolution, bitrate, etc.
5. Click convert button to start converting XF300 MXF to FCP X.
With the excellent MXF to ProRes Converter, you can easily convert MXF to ProRes for editing, convert MXF to QuickTime for FCP or playback, use MXF files becomes very easy, just have a try.